10 September 2013

Nautical


My old bedroom at my mum's house used to have a dodgy collage across an entire wall, a wrought iron day bed from Ikea and clutter absolutely everywhere, so I think she was quite pleased when she got the chance redecorate after I moved out a year ago.
I've just moved into a new flat with Simon (exciting!), but just before I had to move back home for two weeks because the new lease didn't overlap with the old flat. It was a crazy couple of weeks and it was really lovely to be able to relax in my old room come bed time. My mum decided to decorate it with a sea theme in mind and when I was sent these beautiful John Lewis cushion covers, I knew this room would make a perfect temporary home for them. They look great with all the beachy accessories and definitely make the feel room cosier.
I've done most of the unpacking in my new flat, I just have a few bits and pieces in the bedroom to tackle (it currently looks a bit like a bomb exploded in there), so now I'm just settling in and getting used to everything. I'll hopefully post some photos when it's looking a bit more homely.
On another note, I'm so excited autumn in finally here! It's my favourite season hands down and I've already bought a thick scarf to snuggle up in. Anyone else happy about autumn or is it just me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...